Foreign Exchange Guide to the Falkland Islands
Falkland Islands pound
In this guide we review :
- Falkland Islands pound info - general info about the Falkland Islands pound
- Buying Falkland Islands pound cash online - travel money for the Falkland Islands
- Sending money to the Falkland Islands - save on Falkland Islands pound bank transfers to the Falkland Islands
- Falkland Islands pound exchange rates - latest info & charts.
Falkland Islands pound (FKP) general currency information
Falkland Islands Trip Checklist
Travel money for the Falkland Islands
Save money and time by Ordering your Falkland Islands pound online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the FKP cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Falkland Islands pound otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Sending money to the Falkland Islands
When sending money to the Falkland Islands it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Falkland Islands pound amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted FKP amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in the Falkland Islands.
By comparing the rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Falkland Islands pound deposited into the recipient bank account in the Falkland Islands and less margins and fees kept by the banks!