Foreign Exchange Guide to Jordan
In this guide we review :
- Jordanian dinar info - general info about the Jordanian dinar
- Jordanian dinar in the markets - recent JOD moves and predictions from the FX markets
- Buying Jordanian dinar cash online - travel money for Jordan
- Sending money to Jordan - save on Jordanian dinar bank transfers to Jordan
- Jordanian dinar exchange rates - latest info & charts.
Jordanian dinar (JOD) general currency information
Jordanian dinar (JOD) in the markets
The chart below shows the JOD to USD exchange rate for the previous 3 months with rate alerts for days when the exchange rate moved up or down significantly or for 30 day highs and lows.
Jordan Trip Checklist
Travel money for Jordan
Save money and time by Ordering your Jordanian dinar online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the JOD cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Jordanian dinar otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Travel Money for Jordan
Sending money to Jordan
When sending money to Jordan it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Jordanian dinar amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted JOD amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Jordan.
Bank Transfers to Jordan
By comparing the rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Jordanian dinar deposited into the recipient bank account in Jordan and less margins and fees kept by the banks!