Foreign Exchange Guide to Kazakhstan
In this guide we review :
- Kazakhstani Tenge info - general info about the Kazakhstani Tenge
- Buying Kazakhstani Tenge cash online - travel money for Kazakhstan
- Sending money to Kazakhstan - save on Kazakhstani Tenge bank transfers to Kazakhstan
- Kazakhstani Tenge exchange rates - latest info & charts.
Kazakhstani Tenge (KZT) general currency information
Kazakhstan Trip Checklist
Travel money for Kazakhstan
Save money and time by Ordering your Kazakhstani Tenge online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the KZT cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Kazakhstani Tenge otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Sending money to Kazakhstan
When sending money to Kazakhstan it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Kazakhstani Tenge amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted KZT amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Kazakhstan.
By comparing the rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Kazakhstani Tenge deposited into the recipient bank account in Kazakhstan and less margins and fees kept by the banks!