Foreign Exchange Guide to Kuwait
In this guide we review :
- Kuwaiti dinar info - general info about the Kuwaiti dinar
- Kuwaiti dinar in the markets - recent KWD moves and predictions from the FX markets
- Buying Kuwaiti dinar cash online - travel money for Kuwait
- Sending money to Kuwait - save on Kuwaiti dinar bank transfers to Kuwait
- Kuwaiti dinar exchange rates - latest info & charts.
Kuwaiti dinar (KWD) general currency information
Kuwaiti dinar (KWD) in the markets
The chart below shows the KWD to USD exchange rate for the previous 3 months with rate alerts for days when the exchange rate moved up or down significantly or for 30 day highs and lows.
Kuwait Trip Checklist
Travel money for Kuwait
Save money and time by Ordering your Kuwaiti dinar online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the KWD cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Kuwaiti dinar otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Travel Money for Kuwait
Sending money to Kuwait
When sending money to Kuwait it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Kuwaiti dinar amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted KWD amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Kuwait.
Bank Transfers to Kuwait
By comparing the rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Kuwaiti dinar deposited into the recipient bank account in Kuwait and less margins and fees kept by the banks!