Foreign Exchange Guide to Lebanon
In this guide we review :
- Lebanese pound info - general info about the Lebanese pound
- Buying Lebanese pound cash online - travel money for Lebanon
- Sending money to Lebanon - save on Lebanese pound bank transfers to Lebanon
- Lebanese pound exchange rates - latest info & charts.
Lebanese pound (LBP) general currency information
Lebanon Trip Checklist
Travel money for Lebanon
Save money and time by Ordering your Lebanese pound online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the LBP cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Lebanese pound otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Sending money to Lebanon
When sending money to Lebanon it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Lebanese pound amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted LBP amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Lebanon.
By comparing the rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Lebanese pound deposited into the recipient bank account in Lebanon and less margins and fees kept by the banks!