Foreign Exchange Guide to Lesotho
In this guide we review :
- Lesotho loti info - general info about the Lesotho loti
- Buying Lesotho loti cash online - travel money for Lesotho
- Sending money to Lesotho - save on Lesotho loti bank transfers to Lesotho
- Lesotho loti exchange rates - latest info & charts.
Lesotho loti (LSL) general currency information
Lesotho Trip Checklist
Travel money for Lesotho
Save money and time by Ordering your Lesotho loti online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the LSL cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Lesotho loti otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Sending money to Lesotho
When sending money to Lesotho it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Lesotho loti amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted LSL amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Lesotho.
By comparing the rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Lesotho loti deposited into the recipient bank account in Lesotho and less margins and fees kept by the banks!