Foreign Exchange Guide to Lithuania
In this guide we review :
- Lithuanian Litas info - general info about the Lithuanian Litas
- Lithuanian Litas in the markets - recent LTL moves and predictions from the FX markets
- Buying Lithuanian Litas cash online - travel money for Lithuania
- Sending money to Lithuania - save on Lithuanian Litas bank transfers to Lithuania
- Lithuanian Litas exchange rates - latest info & charts.
Lithuanian Litas (LTL) general currency information
Lithuanian Litas (LTL) in the markets
The chart below shows the LTL to USD exchange rate for the previous 3 months with rate alerts for days when the exchange rate moved up or down significantly or for 30 day highs and lows.
Lithuania Trip Checklist
Travel money for Lithuania
Save money and time by Ordering your Lithuanian Litas online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the LTL cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Lithuanian Litas otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Travel Money for Lithuania
Sending money to Lithuania
When sending money to Lithuania it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Lithuanian Litas amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted LTL amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Lithuania.
Bank Transfers to Lithuania
By comparing the rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Lithuanian Litas deposited into the recipient bank account in Lithuania and less margins and fees kept by the banks!