Foreign Exchange Guide to Peru
In this guide we review :
- Peruvian Nuevo sol info - general info about the Peruvian Nuevo sol
- Buying Peruvian Nuevo sol cash online - travel money for Peru
- Sending money to Peru - save on Peruvian Nuevo sol bank transfers to Peru
- Peruvian Nuevo sol exchange rates - latest info & charts.
Peruvian Nuevo sol (PEN) general currency information
Peru Trip Checklist
Travel money for Peru
Save money and time by Ordering your Peruvian Nuevo sol online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the PEN cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Peruvian Nuevo sol otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Sending money to Peru
When sending money to Peru it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Peruvian Nuevo sol amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted PEN amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Peru.
By comparing the rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Peruvian Nuevo sol deposited into the recipient bank account in Peru and less margins and fees kept by the banks!