Foreign Exchange Guide to Saint Helena
In this guide we review :
- Saint Helena pound info - general info about the Saint Helena pound
- Buying Saint Helena pound cash online - travel money for Saint Helena
- Sending money to Saint Helena - save on Saint Helena pound bank transfers to Saint Helena
- Saint Helena pound exchange rates - latest info & charts.
Saint Helena pound (SHP) general currency information
Saint Helena Trip Checklist
Travel money for Saint Helena
Save money and time by Ordering your Saint Helena pound online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the SHP cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Saint Helena pound otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Sending money to Saint Helena
When sending money to Saint Helena it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Saint Helena pound amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted SHP amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Saint Helena.
By comparing the rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Saint Helena pound deposited into the recipient bank account in Saint Helena and less margins and fees kept by the banks!