Foreign Exchange Guide to Seychelles
In this guide we review :
- Seychellois rupee info - general info about the Seychellois rupee
- Seychellois rupee in the markets - recent SCR moves and predictions from the FX markets
- Buying Seychellois rupee cash online - travel money for Seychelles
- Sending money to Seychelles - save on Seychellois rupee bank transfers to Seychelles
- Seychellois rupee exchange rates - latest info & charts.
Seychellois rupee (SCR) general currency information
Seychellois rupee (SCR) in the markets
The chart below shows the SCR to USD exchange rate for the previous 3 months with rate alerts for days when the exchange rate moved up or down significantly or for 30 day highs and lows.
Seychelles Trip Checklist
Travel money for Seychelles
Save money and time by Ordering your Seychellois rupee online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the SCR cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Seychellois rupee otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Travel Money for Seychelles
Sending money to Seychelles
When sending money to Seychelles it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Seychellois rupee amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted SCR amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Seychelles.
Bank Transfers to Seychelles
By comparing the rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Seychellois rupee deposited into the recipient bank account in Seychelles and less margins and fees kept by the banks!