Foreign Exchange Guide to Sint Maarten
In this guide we review :
- Netherlands Antillean guilder info - general info about the Netherlands Antillean guilder
- Netherlands Antillean guilder in the markets - recent ANG moves and predictions from the FX markets
- Buying Netherlands Antillean guilder cash online - travel money for Sint Maarten
- Sending money to Sint Maarten - save on Netherlands Antillean guilder bank transfers to Sint Maarten
- Netherlands Antillean guilder exchange rates - latest info & charts.
Netherlands Antillean guilder (ANG) general currency information
Netherlands Antillean guilder (ANG) in the markets
The chart below shows the ANG to USD exchange rate for the previous 3 months with rate alerts for days when the exchange rate moved up or down significantly or for 30 day highs and lows.
Sint Maarten Trip Checklist
Travel money for Sint Maarten
Save money and time by Ordering your Netherlands Antillean guilder online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the ANG cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Netherlands Antillean guilder otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Travel Money for Sint Maarten
Sending money to Sint Maarten
When sending money to Sint Maarten it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Netherlands Antillean guilder amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted ANG amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Sint Maarten.
Bank Transfers to Sint Maarten
By comparing the rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Netherlands Antillean guilder deposited into the recipient bank account in Sint Maarten and less margins and fees kept by the banks!