Foreign Exchange Guide to the Solomon Islands
Solomon Islands dollar
In this guide we review :
- Solomon Islands dollar info - general info about the Solomon Islands dollar
- Solomon Islands dollar in the markets - recent SBD moves and predictions from the FX markets
- Buying Solomon Islands dollar cash online - travel money for the Solomon Islands
- Sending money to the Solomon Islands - save on Solomon Islands dollar bank transfers to the Solomon Islands
- Solomon Islands dollar exchange rates - latest info & charts.
Solomon Islands dollar (SBD) general currency information
Solomon Islands dollar (SBD) in the markets
The chart below shows the SBD to USD exchange rate for the previous 3 months with rate alerts for days when the exchange rate moved up or down significantly or for 30 day highs and lows.
Solomon Islands Trip Checklist
Travel money for the Solomon Islands
Save money and time by Ordering your Solomon Islands dollar online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the SBD cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Solomon Islands dollar otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Travel Money for the Solomon Islands
Sending money to the Solomon Islands
When sending money to the Solomon Islands it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Solomon Islands dollar amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted SBD amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in the Solomon Islands.
Bank Transfers to the Solomon Islands
By comparing the rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Solomon Islands dollar deposited into the recipient bank account in the Solomon Islands and less margins and fees kept by the banks!