Foreign Exchange Guide to Syria
In this guide we review :
- Syrian pound info - general info about the Syrian pound
- Buying Syrian pound cash online - travel money for Syria
- Sending money to Syria - save on Syrian pound bank transfers to Syria
- Syrian pound exchange rates - latest info & charts.
Syrian pound (SYP) general currency information
Syria Trip Checklist
Travel money for Syria
Save money and time by Ordering your Syrian pound online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the SYP cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Syrian pound otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Sending money to Syria
When sending money to Syria it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Syrian pound amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted SYP amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Syria.
By comparing the rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Syrian pound deposited into the recipient bank account in Syria and less margins and fees kept by the banks!