Foreign Exchange Guide to Tajikistan
In this guide we review :
- Tajikistani Somoni info - general info about the Tajikistani Somoni
- Buying Tajikistani Somoni cash online - travel money for Tajikistan
- Sending money to Tajikistan - save on Tajikistani Somoni bank transfers to Tajikistan
- Tajikistani Somoni exchange rates - latest info & charts.
Tajikistani Somoni (TJS) general currency information
Tajikistan Trip Checklist
Travel money for Tajikistan
Save money and time by Ordering your Tajikistani Somoni online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the TJS cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Tajikistani Somoni otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Sending money to Tajikistan
When sending money to Tajikistan it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Tajikistani Somoni amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted TJS amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Tajikistan.
By comparing the rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Tajikistani Somoni deposited into the recipient bank account in Tajikistan and less margins and fees kept by the banks!