Foreign Exchange Guide to Turkmenistan
In this guide we review :
- Turkmenistani manat info - general info about the Turkmenistani manat
- Buying Turkmenistani manat cash online - travel money for Turkmenistan
- Sending money to Turkmenistan - save on Turkmenistani manat bank transfers to Turkmenistan
- Turkmenistani manat exchange rates - latest info & charts.
Turkmenistani manat (TMT) general currency information
Turkmenistan Trip Checklist
Travel money for Turkmenistan
Save money and time by Ordering your Turkmenistani manat online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the TMT cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Turkmenistani manat otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Sending money to Turkmenistan
When sending money to Turkmenistan it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Turkmenistani manat amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted TMT amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Turkmenistan.
By comparing the rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Turkmenistani manat deposited into the recipient bank account in Turkmenistan and less margins and fees kept by the banks!