Foreign Exchange Guide to Ukraine
In this guide we review :
- Ukrainian hryvnia info - general info about the Ukrainian hryvnia
- Buying Ukrainian hryvnia cash online - travel money for Ukraine
- Sending money to Ukraine - save on Ukrainian hryvnia bank transfers to Ukraine
- Ukrainian hryvnia exchange rates - latest info & charts.
Ukrainian hryvnia (UAH) general currency information
Ukraine Trip Checklist
Travel money for Ukraine
Save money and time by Ordering your Ukrainian hryvnia online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the UAH cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Ukrainian hryvnia otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Sending money to Ukraine
When sending money to Ukraine it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Ukrainian hryvnia amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted UAH amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Ukraine.
By comparing the rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Ukrainian hryvnia deposited into the recipient bank account in Ukraine and less margins and fees kept by the banks!