Foreign Exchange Guide to Vanuatu
In this guide we review :
- Vanuatu vatu info - general info about the Vanuatu vatu
- Buying Vanuatu vatu cash online - travel money for Vanuatu
- Sending money to Vanuatu - save on Vanuatu vatu bank transfers to Vanuatu
- Vanuatu vatu exchange rates - latest info & charts.
Vanuatu vatu (VUV) general currency information
Vanuatu Trip Checklist
Travel money for Vanuatu
Save money and time by Ordering your Vanuatu vatu online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the VUV cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Vanuatu vatu otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Sending money to Vanuatu
When sending money to Vanuatu it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Vanuatu vatu amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted VUV amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Vanuatu.
By comparing the rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Vanuatu vatu deposited into the recipient bank account in Vanuatu and less margins and fees kept by the banks!