This is a foreign exchange guide to Algeria, the Algerian Dinar currency plus sending DZD transfers and travel tips.
In this Algeria currency guide we take a look at :
- Algerian Dinar info - general info about the Algerian Dinar
- Algerian Dinar in the markets - recent DZD moves and predictions from the FX markets
- Travelling in Algeria - currency & money saving tips
- Buying Algerian Dinar cash online - travel money for Algeria
- Sending money to Algeria - save on Algerian Dinar bank transfers to Algeria
- Algerian Dinar exchange rates - latest & historic exchange rates.
Algerian Dinar (DZD) general currency information
What is the Algerian Dinar currency code and symbol?
The three letter currency code for the Algerian Dinar is DZD and the symbol is دج.
Which countries use the Algerian Dinar?
It is the domestic currency in Algeria.
Algerian Dinar (DZD) in the markets
The interactive chart below shows the USD to DZD exchange rate and trend for the previous 3 months:
Travel, Currency and Money saving tips for Algeria
Travel money for Algeria
Save money and time by Ordering your Algerian Dinar online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the DZD cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Algerian Dinar otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Algeria Trip Checklist
Sending money to Algeria
When searching around for information on how to get a good exchange rate when sending money to Algeria you need to start with finding out the latest Algerian Dinar foreign-transfer exchange rate.
Then compare your bank's exchange rates to several licensed FX providers exchange rate and fees to see how much you can save (we make that calculation easy here).
Get a better deal for foreign transfers to Algeria
When sending money to Algeria it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 4 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Algerian Dinar amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted DZD amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Algeria.
Use our Send to DZD calculator to compare the exchange rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Algerian Dinar deposited into the recipient bank account and less margins and fees kept by the banks!