Foreign Exchange Guide to Antigua And Barbuda
East Caribbean dollar
The domestic currency in Antigua And Barbuda is the East Caribbean dollar with currency code XCD. Read this foreign exchange guide to Antigua And Barbuda and the East Caribbean dollar with money transfer and travel tips plus East Caribbean dollar exchange cross rates.
In this guide we review :
- East Caribbean dollar info - general info about the East Caribbean dollar
- East Caribbean dollar in the markets - recent XCD moves and predictions from the FX markets
- Travelling in Antigua And Barbuda - currency & money saving tips
- Buying East Caribbean dollar cash online - travel money for Antigua And Barbuda
- Sending money to Antigua And Barbuda - save on East Caribbean dollar bank transfers to Antigua And Barbuda
- East Caribbean dollar exchange rates - latest & historic exchange rates.
East Caribbean dollar (XCD) general currency information
What is the East Caribbean dollar currency code and symbol?
The three letter currency code for the East Caribbean dollar is XCD and the symbol is $.
Which countries use the East Caribbean dollar?
East Caribbean dollar (XCD) in the markets
The interactive chart below shows the XCD to USD exchange rate for the previous 3 months with rate alerts for days when the exchange rate moved up or down significantly or for 30 day highs and lows.
Travel, Currency and Money saving tips for Antigua And Barbuda
Antigua and Barbuda's official currency, like many of the former British islands in area, is the Eastern Caribbean Dollar, EC$ which is pegged to the US dollar at around EC$2.7=1US.
US dollars are accepted regularly (and legally) and generally prefered if not required. Credit cards are not always accepted, particularly in smaller establishments. Barbuda is the smaller sister-island to Antigua and far less developed.
ATMs are scarce, though all major resorts have ATMs and all major credit cards are accepted in most establishments. Travelers’ checks are also widely accepted, but should be priced in American dollars.
Most Antigua and Barbuda residents speak both English and Antiguan Creole, which is heavily influenced by a number of West African languages.
Visitors to Antigua and Barbuda require a valid passport, a return or onward ticket, confirmation of accommodation throughout the stay and sufficient funds for the duration of the stay.
Departure tax is now included in all tickets and therefore there are no additional fees when leaving Antigua.
Antigua And Barbuda Trip Checklist
- Compare XCD travel cash rates - probably why you are here!
- Search Hotel deals - Save on your accomodation in Antigua And Barbuda
- Lonely Planet - world's best travel guide (coupon and deals)
Travel money for Antigua And Barbuda
Save money and time by Ordering your East Caribbean dollar online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the XCD cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in East Caribbean dollar otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Travel Money for Antigua And Barbuda
Sending money to Antigua And Barbuda
How to save when sending money to Antigua And Barbuda
When sending money to Antigua And Barbuda it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or East Caribbean dollar amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted XCD amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Antigua And Barbuda.
Use our Send to XCD calculator to compare the exchange rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more East Caribbean dollar deposited into the recipient bank account and less margins and fees kept by the banks!