Foreign Exchange Guide to Bahrain
The domestic currency in Bahrain is the Bahraini dinar with currency code BHD. Read this foreign exchange guide to Bahrain and the Bahraini dinar with money transfer and travel tips plus Bahraini dinar exchange cross rates.
In this guide we review :
- Bahraini dinar info - general info about the Bahraini dinar
- Bahraini dinar in the markets - recent BHD moves and predictions from the FX markets
- Travelling in Bahrain - currency & money saving tips
- Buying Bahraini dinar cash online - travel money for Bahrain
- Sending money to Bahrain - save on Bahraini dinar bank transfers to Bahrain
- Bahraini dinar exchange rates - latest & historic exchange rates.
Bahraini dinar (BHD) general currency information
What is the Bahraini dinar currency code and symbol?
The three letter currency code for the Bahraini dinar is BHD.
Which countries use the Bahraini dinar?
It is the domestic currency in Bahrain.
Bahraini dinar (BHD) in the markets
The interactive chart below shows the BHD to USD exchange rate for the previous 3 months with rate alerts for days when the exchange rate moved up or down significantly or for 30 day highs and lows.
Travel, Currency and Money saving tips for Bahrain
The Bahraini Dinar (BHD) is the currency of Bahrain and is pegged to the US$ at 1US=0.376BD. Plastic is generally recommended when travelling whilst most ATMs dispense cash should you need it. Currency exchange counters are also common in the capital, Manama. Try to change all your Dinars back to your local currency before you leave (the airport is always a convenient place to do this) as currency conversion can vary drastically overseas, if they exchange it at all
Bahrain Trip Checklist
- Compare BHD travel cash rates - probably why you are here!
- Search Hotel deals - Save on your accomodation in Bahrain
- Lonely Planet - world's best travel guide (coupon and deals)
Travel money for Bahrain
Save money and time by Ordering your Bahraini dinar online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the BHD cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Bahraini dinar otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Travel Money for Bahrain
Sending money to Bahrain
When searching around for information on how to get a good exchange rate when sending money to Bahrain you need to start with finding out the latest Bahraini dinar foreign-transfer exchange rate.
Then compare your bank's exchange rates to several licensed FX providers exchange rate and fees to see how much you can save (we make that calculation easy here).
Getting a better deal when sending money to Bahrain
When sending money to Bahrain it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 4 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Bahraini dinar amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted BHD amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Bahrain.
Use our Send to BHD calculator to compare the exchange rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Bahraini dinar deposited into the recipient bank account and less margins and fees kept by the banks!