Foreign Exchange Guide to Brunei
In this guide we review :
- Brunei dollar info - general info about the Brunei dollar
- Brunei dollar in the markets - recent BND moves and predictions from the FX markets
- Buying Brunei dollar cash online - travel money for Brunei
- Sending money to Brunei - save on Brunei dollar bank transfers to Brunei
- Brunei dollar exchange rates - latest info & charts.
Brunei dollar (BND) general currency information
What is the Brunei dollar currency code and symbol?
The three letter currency code for the Brunei dollar is BND and the symbol is $.
Which countries use the Brunei dollar?
It is the domestic currency in Brunei.
Brunei dollar (BND) in the markets
The interactive chart below shows the BND to USD exchange rate for the previous 3 months with rate alerts for days when the exchange rate moved up or down significantly or for 30 day highs and lows.
Brunei Trip Checklist
- Compare BND travel cash rates - probably why you are here!
- Search Hotel deals - Save on your accomodation in Brunei
- Lonely Planet - world's best travel guide (coupon and deals)
Travel money for Brunei
Save money and time by Ordering your Brunei dollar online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the BND cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Brunei dollar otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Travel Money for Brunei
Sending money to Brunei
When sending money to Brunei it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Brunei dollar amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted BND amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Brunei.
By comparing the rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Brunei dollar deposited into the recipient bank account in Brunei and less margins and fees kept by the banks!