Foreign Exchange Guide to the Cayman Islands
Cayman Islands dollar
The domestic currency in the Cayman Islands is the Cayman Islands dollar with currency code KYD. Read this foreign exchange guide to the Cayman Islands and the Cayman Islands dollar with money transfer and travel tips plus Cayman Islands dollar exchange cross rates.
In this guide we review :
- Cayman Islands dollar info - general info about the Cayman Islands dollar
- Cayman Islands dollar in the markets - recent KYD moves and predictions from the FX markets
- Travelling in the Cayman Islands - currency & money saving tips
- Buying Cayman Islands dollar cash online - travel money for the Cayman Islands
- Sending money to the Cayman Islands - save on Cayman Islands dollar bank transfers to the Cayman Islands
- Cayman Islands dollar exchange rates - latest & historic exchange rates.
Cayman Islands dollar (KYD) general currency information
What is the Cayman Islands dollar currency code and symbol?
The three letter currency code for the Cayman Islands dollar is KYD and the symbol is $.
Which countries use the Cayman Islands dollar?
It is the domestic currency in Cayman Islands.
Cayman Islands dollar (KYD) in the markets
The interactive chart below shows the KYD to USD exchange rate for the previous 3 months with rate alerts for days when the exchange rate moved up or down significantly or for 30 day highs and lows.
Cayman Islands Trip Checklist
- Compare KYD travel cash rates - probably why you are here!
- Search Hotel deals - Save on your accomodation in the Cayman Islands
- Lonely Planet - world's best travel guide (coupon and deals)
Travel money for the Cayman Islands
Save money and time by Ordering your Cayman Islands dollar online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the KYD cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Cayman Islands dollar otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Travel Money for the Cayman Islands
Sending money to the Cayman Islands
When searching around for information on how to get a good exchange rate when sending money to the Cayman Islands you need to start with finding out the latest Cayman Islands dollar foreign-transfer exchange rate.
Then compare your bank's exchange rates to several licensed FX providers exchange rate and fees to see how much you can save (we make that calculation easy here).
Getting a better deal when sending money to the Cayman Islands
When sending money to the Cayman Islands it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 4 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Cayman Islands dollar amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted KYD amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in the Cayman Islands.
Use our Send to KYD calculator to compare the exchange rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Cayman Islands dollar deposited into the recipient bank account and less margins and fees kept by the banks!