Foreign Exchange Guide to Comoros
The domestic currency in Comoros is the Comorian franc with currency code KMF. Read this foreign exchange guide to Comoros and the Comorian franc with money transfer and travel tips plus Comorian franc exchange cross rates.
In this guide we review :
- Comorian franc info - general info about the Comorian franc
- Comorian franc in the markets - recent KMF moves and predictions from the FX markets
- Travelling in Comoros - currency & money saving tips
- Buying Comorian franc cash online - travel money for Comoros
- Sending money to Comoros - save on Comorian franc bank transfers to Comoros
- Comorian franc exchange rates - latest & historic exchange rates.
Comorian franc (KMF) general currency information
What is the Comorian franc currency code and symbol?
The three letter currency code for the Comorian franc is KMF and the symbol is CF.
Which countries use the Comorian franc?
It is the domestic currency in Comoros.
Comorian franc (KMF) in the markets
The interactive chart below shows the KMF to USD exchange rate for the previous 3 months with rate alerts for days when the exchange rate moved up or down significantly or for 30 day highs and lows.
Comoros Trip Checklist
- Compare KMF travel cash rates - probably why you are here!
- Search Hotel deals - Save on your accomodation in Comoros
- Lonely Planet - world's best travel guide (coupon and deals)
Travel money for Comoros
Save money and time by Ordering your Comorian franc online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the KMF cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Comorian franc otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Travel Money for Comoros
Sending money to Comoros
When searching around for information on how to get a good exchange rate when sending money to Comoros you need to start with finding out the latest Comorian franc foreign-transfer exchange rate.
Then compare your bank's exchange rates to several licensed FX providers exchange rate and fees to see how much you can save (we make that calculation easy here).
Getting a better deal when sending money to Comoros
When sending money to Comoros it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 4 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Comorian franc amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted KMF amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Comoros.
Use our Send to KMF calculator to compare the exchange rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Comorian franc deposited into the recipient bank account and less margins and fees kept by the banks!