Foreign Exchange Guide to Djibouti
The domestic currency in Djibouti is the Djiboutian franc with currency code DJF. Read this foreign exchange guide to Djibouti and the Djiboutian franc with money transfer and travel tips plus Djiboutian franc exchange cross rates.
In this guide we review :
- Djiboutian franc info - general info about the Djiboutian franc
- Djiboutian franc in the markets - recent DJF moves and predictions from the FX markets
- Travelling in Djibouti - currency & money saving tips
- Buying Djiboutian franc cash online - travel money for Djibouti
- Sending money to Djibouti - save on Djiboutian franc bank transfers to Djibouti
- Djiboutian franc exchange rates - latest & historic exchange rates.
Djiboutian franc (DJF) general currency information
What is the Djiboutian franc currency code and symbol?
The three letter currency code for the Djiboutian franc is DJF and the symbol is Fdj.
Which countries use the Djiboutian franc?
It is the domestic currency in Djibouti.
Djiboutian franc (DJF) in the markets
The interactive chart below shows the DJF to USD exchange rate for the previous 3 months with rate alerts for days when the exchange rate moved up or down significantly or for 30 day highs and lows.
Djibouti Trip Checklist
- Compare DJF travel cash rates - probably why you are here!
- Search Hotel deals - Save on your accomodation in Djibouti
- Lonely Planet - world's best travel guide (coupon and deals)
Travel money for Djibouti
Save money and time by Ordering your Djiboutian franc online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the DJF cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Djiboutian franc otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Travel Money for Djibouti
Sending money to Djibouti
When searching around for information on how to get a good exchange rate when sending money to Djibouti you need to start with finding out the latest Djiboutian franc foreign-transfer exchange rate.
Then compare your bank's exchange rates to several licensed FX providers exchange rate and fees to see how much you can save (we make that calculation easy here).
Getting a better deal when sending money to Djibouti
When sending money to Djibouti it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 4 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Djiboutian franc amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted DJF amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Djibouti.
Use our Send to DJF calculator to compare the exchange rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Djiboutian franc deposited into the recipient bank account and less margins and fees kept by the banks!