Foreign Exchange Guide to Equatorial Guinea
Central African franc
The domestic currency in Equatorial Guinea is the Central African franc with currency code XAF. Read this foreign exchange guide to Equatorial Guinea and the Central African franc with money transfer and travel tips plus Central African franc exchange cross rates.
In this guide we review :
- Central African franc info - general info about the Central African franc
- Central African franc in the markets - recent XAF moves and predictions from the FX markets
- Travelling in Equatorial Guinea - currency & money saving tips
- Buying Central African franc cash online - travel money for Equatorial Guinea
- Sending money to Equatorial Guinea - save on Central African franc bank transfers to Equatorial Guinea
- Central African franc exchange rates - latest & historic exchange rates.
Central African franc (XAF) general currency information
What is the Central African franc currency code and symbol?
The three letter currency code for the Central African franc is XAF and the symbol is FCFA.
Which countries use the Central African franc?
Central African franc (XAF) in the markets
The interactive chart below shows the XAF to USD exchange rate for the previous 3 months with rate alerts for days when the exchange rate moved up or down significantly or for 30 day highs and lows.
Equatorial Guinea Trip Checklist
- Compare XAF travel cash rates - probably why you are here!
- Search Hotel deals - Save on your accomodation in Equatorial Guinea
- Lonely Planet - world's best travel guide (coupon and deals)
Travel money for Equatorial Guinea
Save money and time by Ordering your Central African franc online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the XAF cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Central African franc otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Travel Money for Equatorial Guinea
Sending money to Equatorial Guinea
When searching around for information on how to get a good exchange rate when sending money to Equatorial Guinea you need to start with finding out the latest Central African franc foreign-transfer exchange rate.
Then compare your bank's exchange rates to several licensed FX providers exchange rate and fees to see how much you can save (we make that calculation easy here).
Getting a better deal when sending money to Equatorial Guinea
When sending money to Equatorial Guinea it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 4 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Central African franc amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted XAF amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Equatorial Guinea.
Use our Send to XAF calculator to compare the exchange rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Central African franc deposited into the recipient bank account and less margins and fees kept by the banks!