Falkland Islands Pound
This is a foreign exchange guide to the Falkland Islands, the Falkland Islands Pound currency plus sending FKP transfers and travel tips.
In this the Falkland Islands currency guide we take a look at :
- Falkland Islands Pound info - general info about the Falkland Islands Pound
- Falkland Islands Pound in the markets - recent FKP moves and predictions from the FX markets
- Travelling in the Falkland Islands - currency & money saving tips
- Buying Falkland Islands Pound cash online - travel money for the Falkland Islands
- Sending money to the Falkland Islands - save on Falkland Islands Pound bank transfers to the Falkland Islands
- Falkland Islands Pound exchange rates - latest & historic exchange rates.
Falkland Islands Pound (FKP) general currency information
What is the Falkland Islands Pound currency code and symbol?
The three letter currency code for the Falkland Islands Pound is FKP and the symbol is £.
Which countries use the Falkland Islands Pound?
It is the domestic currency in Falkland Islands.
Falkland Islands Pound (FKP) in the markets
The interactive chart below shows the HKD to FKP exchange rate and trend for the previous 3 months:
Travel, Currency and Money saving tips for the Falkland Islands
Travel money for the Falkland Islands
Save money and time by Ordering your Falkland Islands Pound online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the FKP cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Falkland Islands Pound otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
the Falkland Islands Trip Checklist
Sending money to the Falkland Islands
When searching around for information on how to get a good exchange rate when sending money to the Falkland Islands you need to start with finding out the latest Falkland Islands Pound foreign-transfer exchange rate.
Then compare your bank's exchange rates to several licensed FX providers exchange rate and fees to see how much you can save (we make that calculation easy here).
Get a better deal for foreign transfers to the Falkland Islands
When sending money to the Falkland Islands it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 4 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Falkland Islands Pound amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted FKP amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in the Falkland Islands.
Use our Send to FKP calculator to compare the exchange rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Falkland Islands Pound deposited into the recipient bank account and less margins and fees kept by the banks!