Foreign Exchange Guide to Guinea
The domestic currency in Guinea is the Guinean franc with currency code GNF. Read this foreign exchange guide to Guinea and the Guinean franc with money transfer and travel tips plus Guinean franc exchange cross rates.
In this guide we review :
- Guinean franc info - general info about the Guinean franc
- Guinean franc in the markets - recent GNF moves and predictions from the FX markets
- Travelling in Guinea - currency & money saving tips
- Buying Guinean franc cash online - travel money for Guinea
- Sending money to Guinea - save on Guinean franc bank transfers to Guinea
- Guinean franc exchange rates - latest & historic exchange rates.
Guinean franc (GNF) general currency information
What is the Guinean franc currency code and symbol?
The three letter currency code for the Guinean franc is GNF and the symbol is FG.
Which countries use the Guinean franc?
It is the domestic currency in Guinea.
Guinean franc (GNF) in the markets
The interactive chart below shows the GNF to USD exchange rate for the previous 3 months with rate alerts for days when the exchange rate moved up or down significantly or for 30 day highs and lows.
Guinea Trip Checklist
- Compare GNF travel cash rates - probably why you are here!
- Search Hotel deals - Save on your accomodation in Guinea
- Lonely Planet - world's best travel guide (coupon and deals)
Travel money for Guinea
Save money and time by Ordering your Guinean franc online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the GNF cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Guinean franc otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Travel Money for Guinea
Sending money to Guinea
When searching around for information on how to get a good exchange rate when sending money to Guinea you need to start with finding out the latest Guinean franc foreign-transfer exchange rate.
Then compare your bank's exchange rates to several licensed FX providers exchange rate and fees to see how much you can save (we make that calculation easy here).
Getting a better deal when sending money to Guinea
When sending money to Guinea it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 4 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Guinean franc amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted GNF amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Guinea.
Use our Send to GNF calculator to compare the exchange rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Guinean franc deposited into the recipient bank account and less margins and fees kept by the banks!