This is a foreign exchange guide to Haiti, the Haitian Gourde currency plus sending HTG transfers and travel tips.
In this Haiti currency guide we take a look at :
- Haitian Gourde info - general info about the Haitian Gourde
- Haitian Gourde in the markets - recent HTG moves and predictions from the FX markets
- Travelling in Haiti - currency & money saving tips
- Buying Haitian Gourde cash online - travel money for Haiti
- Sending money to Haiti - save on Haitian Gourde bank transfers to Haiti
- Haitian Gourde exchange rates - latest & historic exchange rates.
Haitian Gourde (HTG) general currency information
What is the Haitian Gourde currency code and symbol?
The three letter currency code for the Haitian Gourde is HTG and the symbol is G.
Which countries use the Haitian Gourde?
It is the domestic currency in Haiti.
Haitian Gourde (HTG) in the markets
The interactive chart below shows the HKD to HTG exchange rate and trend for the previous 3 months:
Travel, Currency and Money saving tips for Haiti
Travel money for Haiti
Save money and time by Ordering your Haitian Gourde online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the HTG cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Haitian Gourde otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Haiti Trip Checklist
Sending money to Haiti
When searching around for information on how to get a good exchange rate when sending money to Haiti you need to start with finding out the latest Haitian Gourde foreign-transfer exchange rate.
Then compare your bank's exchange rates to several licensed FX providers exchange rate and fees to see how much you can save (we make that calculation easy here).
Get a better deal for foreign transfers to Haiti
When sending money to Haiti it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 4 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Haitian Gourde amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted HTG amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Haiti.
Use our Send to HTG calculator to compare the exchange rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Haitian Gourde deposited into the recipient bank account and less margins and fees kept by the banks!