This is a foreign exchange guide to Jordan, the Jordanian Dinar currency plus sending JOD transfers and travel tips.
In this Jordan currency guide we take a look at :
- Jordanian Dinar info - general info about the Jordanian Dinar
- Jordanian Dinar in the markets - recent JOD moves and predictions from the FX markets
- Travelling in Jordan - currency & money saving tips
- Buying Jordanian Dinar cash online - travel money for Jordan
- Sending money to Jordan - save on Jordanian Dinar bank transfers to Jordan
- Jordanian Dinar exchange rates - latest & historic exchange rates.
Jordanian Dinar (JOD) general currency information
What is the Jordanian Dinar currency code and symbol?
The three letter currency code for the Jordanian Dinar is JOD and the symbol is JD.
Which countries use the Jordanian Dinar?
It is the domestic currency in Jordan.
Jordanian Dinar (JOD) in the markets
The interactive chart below shows the HKD to JOD exchange rate and trend for the previous 3 months:
Travel, Currency and Money saving tips for Jordan
Travel money for Jordan
Save money and time by Ordering your Jordanian Dinar online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the JOD cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Jordanian Dinar otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Jordan Trip Checklist
Sending money to Jordan
When searching around for information on how to get a good exchange rate when sending money to Jordan you need to start with finding out the latest Jordanian Dinar foreign-transfer exchange rate.
Then compare your bank's exchange rates to several licensed FX providers exchange rate and fees to see how much you can save (we make that calculation easy here).
Get a better deal for foreign transfers to Jordan
When sending money to Jordan it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 4 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Jordanian Dinar amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted JOD amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Jordan.
Use our Send to JOD calculator to compare the exchange rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Jordanian Dinar deposited into the recipient bank account and less margins and fees kept by the banks!