Foreign Exchange Guide to Kuwait
The domestic currency in Kuwait is the Kuwaiti dinar with currency code KWD. Read this foreign exchange guide to Kuwait and the Kuwaiti dinar with money transfer and travel tips plus Kuwaiti dinar exchange cross rates.
In this guide we review :
- Kuwaiti dinar info - general info about the Kuwaiti dinar
- Kuwaiti dinar in the markets - recent KWD moves and predictions from the FX markets
- Travelling in Kuwait - currency & money saving tips
- Buying Kuwaiti dinar cash online - travel money for Kuwait
- Sending money to Kuwait - save on Kuwaiti dinar bank transfers to Kuwait
- Kuwaiti dinar exchange rates - latest & historic exchange rates.
Kuwaiti dinar (KWD) general currency information
What is the Kuwaiti dinar currency code and symbol?
The three letter currency code for the Kuwaiti dinar is KWD and the symbol is د.ك.
Which countries use the Kuwaiti dinar?
It is the domestic currency in Kuwait.
Kuwaiti dinar (KWD) in the markets
The interactive chart below shows the KWD to USD exchange rate for the previous 3 months with rate alerts for days when the exchange rate moved up or down significantly or for 30 day highs and lows.
Kuwait Trip Checklist
- Compare KWD travel cash rates - probably why you are here!
- Search Hotel deals - Save on your accomodation in Kuwait
- Lonely Planet - world's best travel guide (coupon and deals)
Travel money for Kuwait
Save money and time by Ordering your Kuwaiti dinar online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the KWD cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Kuwaiti dinar otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Travel Money for Kuwait
Sending money to Kuwait
When searching around for information on how to get a good exchange rate when sending money to Kuwait you need to start with finding out the latest Kuwaiti dinar foreign-transfer exchange rate.
Then compare your bank's exchange rates to several licensed FX providers exchange rate and fees to see how much you can save (we make that calculation easy here).
Getting a better deal when sending money to Kuwait
When sending money to Kuwait it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 4 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Kuwaiti dinar amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted KWD amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Kuwait.
Use our Send to KWD calculator to compare the exchange rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Kuwaiti dinar deposited into the recipient bank account and less margins and fees kept by the banks!