This is a foreign exchange guide to Lesotho, the Lesotho Loti currency plus sending LSL transfers and travel tips.
In this Lesotho currency guide we take a look at :
- Lesotho Loti info - general info about the Lesotho Loti
- Lesotho Loti in the markets - recent LSL moves and predictions from the FX markets
- Travelling in Lesotho - currency & money saving tips
- Buying Lesotho Loti cash online - travel money for Lesotho
- Sending money to Lesotho - save on Lesotho Loti bank transfers to Lesotho
- Lesotho Loti exchange rates - latest & historic exchange rates.
Lesotho Loti (LSL) general currency information
What is the Lesotho Loti currency code and symbol?
The three letter currency code for the Lesotho Loti is LSL and the symbol is L.
Which countries use the Lesotho Loti?
It is the domestic currency in Lesotho.
Lesotho Loti (LSL) in the markets
The interactive chart below shows the USD to LSL exchange rate and trend for the previous 3 months:
Travel, Currency and Money saving tips for Lesotho
Travel money for Lesotho
Save money and time by Ordering your Lesotho Loti online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the LSL cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Lesotho Loti otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Lesotho Trip Checklist
Sending money to Lesotho
When searching around for information on how to get a good exchange rate when sending money to Lesotho you need to start with finding out the latest Lesotho Loti foreign-transfer exchange rate.
Then compare your bank's exchange rates to several licensed FX providers exchange rate and fees to see how much you can save (we make that calculation easy here).
Get a better deal for foreign transfers to Lesotho
When sending money to Lesotho it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 4 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Lesotho Loti amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted LSL amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Lesotho.
Use our Send to LSL calculator to compare the exchange rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Lesotho Loti deposited into the recipient bank account and less margins and fees kept by the banks!