This is a foreign exchange guide to Lithuania, the Lithuanian Litas currency plus sending LTL transfers and travel tips.
In this Lithuania currency guide we take a look at :
- Lithuanian Litas info - general info about the Lithuanian Litas
- Lithuanian Litas in the markets - recent LTL moves and predictions from the FX markets
- Travelling in Lithuania - currency & money saving tips
- Buying Lithuanian Litas cash online - travel money for Lithuania
- Sending money to Lithuania - save on Lithuanian Litas bank transfers to Lithuania
- Lithuanian Litas exchange rates - latest & historic exchange rates.
Lithuanian Litas (LTL) general currency information
What is the Lithuanian Litas currency code and symbol?
The three letter currency code for the Lithuanian Litas is LTL and the symbol is Lt.
Which countries use the Lithuanian Litas?
It is the domestic currency in Lithuania.
Lithuanian Litas (LTL) in the markets
The interactive chart below shows the USD to LTL exchange rate and trend for the previous 3 months:
Travel, Currency and Money saving tips for Lithuania
Travel money for Lithuania
Save money and time by Ordering your Lithuanian Litas online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the LTL cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Lithuanian Litas otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Lithuania Trip Checklist
Sending money to Lithuania
When searching around for information on how to get a good exchange rate when sending money to Lithuania you need to start with finding out the latest Lithuanian Litas foreign-transfer exchange rate.
Then compare your bank's exchange rates to several licensed FX providers exchange rate and fees to see how much you can save (we make that calculation easy here).
Get a better deal for foreign transfers to Lithuania
When sending money to Lithuania it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 4 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Lithuanian Litas amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted LTL amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Lithuania.
Use our Send to LTL calculator to compare the exchange rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Lithuanian Litas deposited into the recipient bank account and less margins and fees kept by the banks!
Bank Transfers to Lithuania
LTL/USD - Lithuanian Litas to United States Dollar - Historical Rates
|5 Year||0.3702||16 Oct 2014|
|10 Year||0.4306||17 Oct 2009|
LTL/EUR - Lithuanian Litas to Euro - Historical Rates
|5 Year||0.2892||16 Oct 2014|
|10 Year||0.2893||17 Oct 2009|
LTL/GBP - Lithuanian Litas to British Pound Sterling - 10 Year History
|5 Year||0.2302||16 Oct 2014|
|10 Year||0.2637||17 Oct 2009|
LTL/AUD - Lithuanian Litas to Australian Dollar - Historical Rates
|5 Year||0.4231||16 Oct 2014|
|10 Year||0.4698||17 Oct 2009|