Foreign Exchange Guide to Mozambique
The domestic currency in Mozambique is the Mozambican metical with currency code MZN. Read this foreign exchange guide to Mozambique and the Mozambican metical with money transfer and travel tips plus Mozambican metical exchange cross rates.
In this guide we review :
- Mozambican metical info - general info about the Mozambican metical
- Mozambican metical in the markets - recent MZN moves and predictions from the FX markets
- Travelling in Mozambique - currency & money saving tips
- Buying Mozambican metical cash online - travel money for Mozambique
- Sending money to Mozambique - save on Mozambican metical bank transfers to Mozambique
- Mozambican metical exchange rates - latest & historic exchange rates.
Mozambican metical (MZN) general currency information
What is the Mozambican metical currency code and symbol?
The three letter currency code for the Mozambican metical is MZN and the symbol is MT.
Which countries use the Mozambican metical?
It is the domestic currency in Mozambique.
Mozambican metical (MZN) in the markets
The interactive chart below shows the MZN to USD exchange rate for the previous 3 months with rate alerts for days when the exchange rate moved up or down significantly or for 30 day highs and lows.
Mozambique Trip Checklist
- Compare MZN travel cash rates - probably why you are here!
- Search Hotel deals - Save on your accomodation in Mozambique
- Lonely Planet - world's best travel guide (coupon and deals)
Travel money for Mozambique
Save money and time by Ordering your Mozambican metical online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the MZN cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Mozambican metical otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Travel Money for Mozambique
Sending money to Mozambique
When searching around for information on how to get a good exchange rate when sending money to Mozambique you need to start with finding out the latest Mozambican metical foreign-transfer exchange rate.
Then compare your bank's exchange rates to several licensed FX providers exchange rate and fees to see how much you can save (we make that calculation easy here).
Getting a better deal when sending money to Mozambique
When sending money to Mozambique it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 4 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Mozambican metical amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted MZN amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Mozambique.
Use our Send to MZN calculator to compare the exchange rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Mozambican metical deposited into the recipient bank account and less margins and fees kept by the banks!