Foreign Exchange Guide to Paraguay
In this guide we review :
- Paraguayan guarani info - general info about the Paraguayan guarani
- Paraguayan guarani in the markets - recent PYG moves and predictions from the FX markets
- Buying Paraguayan guarani cash online - travel money for Paraguay
- Sending money to Paraguay - save on Paraguayan guarani bank transfers to Paraguay
- Paraguayan guarani exchange rates - latest info & charts.
Paraguayan guarani (PYG) general currency information
What is the Paraguayan guarani currency code and symbol?
The three letter currency code for the Paraguayan guarani is PYG and the symbol is Gs.
Which countries use the Paraguayan guarani?
It is the domestic currency in Paraguay.
Paraguayan guarani (PYG) in the markets
The interactive chart below shows the PYG to USD exchange rate for the previous 3 months with rate alerts for days when the exchange rate moved up or down significantly or for 30 day highs and lows.
Paraguay Trip Checklist
- Compare PYG travel cash rates - probably why you are here!
- Search Hotel deals - Save on your accomodation in Paraguay
- Lonely Planet - world's best travel guide (coupon and deals)
Travel money for Paraguay
Save money and time by Ordering your Paraguayan guarani online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the PYG cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Paraguayan guarani otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Travel Money for Paraguay
Sending money to Paraguay
When sending money to Paraguay it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Paraguayan guarani amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted PYG amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Paraguay.
By comparing the rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Paraguayan guarani deposited into the recipient bank account in Paraguay and less margins and fees kept by the banks!