Foreign Exchange Guide to Saint Kitts And Nevis
East Caribbean dollar
In this guide we review :
- East Caribbean dollar info - general info about the East Caribbean dollar
- East Caribbean dollar in the markets - recent XCD moves and predictions from the FX markets
- Buying East Caribbean dollar cash online - travel money for Saint Kitts And Nevis
- Sending money to Saint Kitts And Nevis - save on East Caribbean dollar bank transfers to Saint Kitts And Nevis
- East Caribbean dollar exchange rates - latest info & charts.
East Caribbean dollar (XCD) general currency information
What is the East Caribbean dollar currency code and symbol?
The three letter currency code for the East Caribbean dollar is XCD and the symbol is $.
Which countries use the East Caribbean dollar?
East Caribbean dollar (XCD) in the markets
The interactive chart below shows the XCD to USD exchange rate for the previous 3 months with rate alerts for days when the exchange rate moved up or down significantly or for 30 day highs and lows.
Saint Kitts And Nevis Trip Checklist
- Compare XCD travel cash rates - probably why you are here!
- Search Hotel deals - Save on your accomodation in Saint Kitts And Nevis
- Lonely Planet - world's best travel guide (coupon and deals)
Travel money for Saint Kitts And Nevis
Save money and time by Ordering your East Caribbean dollar online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the XCD cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in East Caribbean dollar otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Travel Money for Saint Kitts And Nevis
Sending money to Saint Kitts And Nevis
When sending money to Saint Kitts And Nevis it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or East Caribbean dollar amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted XCD amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Saint Kitts And Nevis.
By comparing the rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more East Caribbean dollar deposited into the recipient bank account in Saint Kitts And Nevis and less margins and fees kept by the banks!