East Caribbean Dollar
This is a foreign exchange guide to Saint Lucia, the East Caribbean Dollar currency plus XCD transfers and travel tips.
In this Saint Lucia currency guide we take a look at :
- East Caribbean Dollar info - general info about the East Caribbean Dollar
- East Caribbean Dollar in the markets - recent XCD moves and predictions from the FX markets
- Travelling in Saint Lucia - currency & money saving tips
- Buying East Caribbean Dollar cash online - travel money for Saint Lucia
- Sending money to Saint Lucia - save on East Caribbean Dollar bank transfers to Saint Lucia
- East Caribbean Dollar exchange rates - latest & historic exchange rates.
East Caribbean Dollar (XCD) general currency information
What is the East Caribbean Dollar currency code and symbol?
The three letter currency code for the East Caribbean Dollar is XCD and the symbol is $.
Which countries use the East Caribbean Dollar?
East Caribbean Dollar (XCD) in the markets
The interactive chart below shows the USD to XCD exchange rate and trend for the previous 3 months:
Travel, Currency and Money saving tips for Saint Lucia
Travel money for Saint Lucia
Save money and time by Ordering your East Caribbean Dollar online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the XCD cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in East Caribbean Dollar otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Saint Lucia Trip Checklist
Sending money to Saint Lucia
When searching around for information on how to get a good exchange rate when sending money to Saint Lucia you need to start with finding out the latest East Caribbean Dollar foreign-transfer exchange rate.
Then compare your bank's exchange rates to several licensed FX providers exchange rate and fees to see how much you can save (we make that calculation easy here).
Get a better deal for foreign transfers to Saint Lucia
When sending money to Saint Lucia it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 4 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or East Caribbean Dollar amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted XCD amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Saint Lucia.
Use our Send to XCD calculator to compare the exchange rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more East Caribbean Dollar deposited into the recipient bank account and less margins and fees kept by the banks!
Bank Transfers to Saint Lucia
XCD/USD - East Caribbean Dollar to United States Dollar - Historical Rates
|1 Day||0.3700||24 Jun 2019|
|1 Week||0.3700||18 Jun 2019|
|1 Month||0.3700||26 May 2019|
|6 Months||0.3700||27 Dec 2018|
|1 Year||0.3700||25 Jun 2018|
|5 Years||0.3702||26 Jun 2014|
|10 Years||0.3737||27 Jun 2009|
XCD/EUR - East Caribbean Dollar to Euro - Historical Rates
|1 Day||0.3246||24 Jun 2019|
|1 Week||0.3304||18 Jun 2019|
|1 Month||0.3302||26 May 2019|
|6 Months||0.3237||27 Dec 2018|
|1 Year||0.3162||25 Jun 2018|
|5 Years||0.2719||26 Jun 2014|
|10 Years||0.2653||27 Jun 2009|
XCD/GBP - East Caribbean Dollar to British Pound Sterling - 10 Year History
|1 Day||0.2905||24 Jun 2019|
|1 Week||0.2945||18 Jun 2019|
|1 Month||0.2908||26 May 2019|
|6 Months||0.2926||27 Dec 2018|
|1 Year||0.2787||25 Jun 2018|
|5 Years||0.2174||26 Jun 2014|
|10 Years||0.2263||27 Jun 2009|
XCD/AUD - East Caribbean Dollar to Australian Dollar - Historical Rates
|1 Day||0.5312||24 Jun 2019|
|1 Week||0.5377||18 Jun 2019|
|1 Month||0.5340||26 May 2019|
|6 Months||0.5260||27 Dec 2018|
|1 Year||0.4994||25 Jun 2018|
|5 Years||0.3932||26 Jun 2014|
|10 Years||0.4631||27 Jun 2009|