Foreign Exchange Guide to Suriname
In this guide we review :
- Surinnse dollar info - general info about the Surinnse dollar
- Surinnse dollar in the markets - recent SRD moves and predictions from the FX markets
- Buying Surinnse dollar cash online - travel money for Suriname
- Sending money to Suriname - save on Surinnse dollar bank transfers to Suriname
- Surinnse dollar exchange rates - latest info & charts.
Surinnse dollar (SRD) general currency information
What is the Surinnse dollar currency code and symbol?
The three letter currency code for the Surinnse dollar is SRD and the symbol is $.
Which countries use the Surinnse dollar?
It is the domestic currency in Suriname.
Surinnse dollar (SRD) in the markets
The interactive chart below shows the SRD to USD exchange rate for the previous 3 months with rate alerts for days when the exchange rate moved up or down significantly or for 30 day highs and lows.
Suriname Trip Checklist
- Compare SRD travel cash rates - probably why you are here!
- Search Hotel deals - Save on your accomodation in Suriname
- Lonely Planet - world's best travel guide (coupon and deals)
Travel money for Suriname
Save money and time by Ordering your Surinnse dollar online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the SRD cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Surinnse dollar otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Travel Money for Suriname
Sending money to Suriname
When sending money to Suriname it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Surinnse dollar amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted SRD amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Suriname.
By comparing the rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Surinnse dollar deposited into the recipient bank account in Suriname and less margins and fees kept by the banks!