Foreign Exchange Guide to Swaziland
The domestic currency in Swaziland is the Swazi lilangeni with currency code SZL. Read this foreign exchange guide to Swaziland and the Swazi lilangeni with money transfer and travel tips plus Swazi lilangeni exchange cross rates.
In this guide we review :
- Swazi lilangeni info - general info about the Swazi lilangeni
- Swazi lilangeni in the markets - recent SZL moves and predictions from the FX markets
- Travelling in Swaziland - currency & money saving tips
- Buying Swazi lilangeni cash online - travel money for Swaziland
- Sending money to Swaziland - save on Swazi lilangeni bank transfers to Swaziland
- Swazi lilangeni exchange rates - latest & historic exchange rates.
Swazi lilangeni (SZL) general currency information
What is the Swazi lilangeni currency code and symbol?
The three letter currency code for the Swazi lilangeni is SZL and the symbol is L.
Which countries use the Swazi lilangeni?
It is the domestic currency in Swaziland.
Swazi lilangeni (SZL) in the markets
The interactive chart below shows the SZL to USD exchange rate for the previous 3 months with rate alerts for days when the exchange rate moved up or down significantly or for 30 day highs and lows.
Swaziland Trip Checklist
- Compare SZL travel cash rates - probably why you are here!
- Search Hotel deals - Save on your accomodation in Swaziland
- Lonely Planet - world's best travel guide (coupon and deals)
Travel money for Swaziland
Save money and time by Ordering your Swazi lilangeni online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the SZL cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Swazi lilangeni otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Travel Money for Swaziland
Sending money to Swaziland
When searching around for information on how to get a good exchange rate when sending money to Swaziland you need to start with finding out the latest Swazi lilangeni foreign-transfer exchange rate.
Then compare your bank's exchange rates to several licensed FX providers exchange rate and fees to see how much you can save (we make that calculation easy here).
Getting a better deal when sending money to Swaziland
When sending money to Swaziland it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 4 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Swazi lilangeni amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted SZL amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Swaziland.
Use our Send to SZL calculator to compare the exchange rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Swazi lilangeni deposited into the recipient bank account and less margins and fees kept by the banks!