Foreign Exchange Guide to Tajikistan
The domestic currency in Tajikistan is the Tajikistani Somoni with currency code TJS. Read this foreign exchange guide to Tajikistan and the Tajikistani Somoni with money transfer and travel tips plus Tajikistani Somoni exchange cross rates.
In this guide we review :
- Tajikistani Somoni info - general info about the Tajikistani Somoni
- Tajikistani Somoni in the markets - recent TJS moves and predictions from the FX markets
- Travelling in Tajikistan - currency & money saving tips
- Buying Tajikistani Somoni cash online - travel money for Tajikistan
- Sending money to Tajikistan - save on Tajikistani Somoni bank transfers to Tajikistan
- Tajikistani Somoni exchange rates - latest & historic exchange rates.
Tajikistani Somoni (TJS) general currency information
What is the Tajikistani Somoni currency code and symbol?
The three letter currency code for the Tajikistani Somoni is TJS and the symbol is TJS.
Which countries use the Tajikistani Somoni?
It is the domestic currency in Tajikistan.
Tajikistani Somoni (TJS) in the markets
The interactive chart below shows the TJS to USD exchange rate for the previous 3 months with rate alerts for days when the exchange rate moved up or down significantly or for 30 day highs and lows.
Tajikistan Trip Checklist
- Compare TJS travel cash rates - probably why you are here!
- Search Hotel deals - Save on your accomodation in Tajikistan
- Lonely Planet - world's best travel guide (coupon and deals)
Travel money for Tajikistan
Save money and time by Ordering your Tajikistani Somoni online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the TJS cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Tajikistani Somoni otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Travel Money for Tajikistan
Sending money to Tajikistan
When searching around for information on how to get a good exchange rate when sending money to Tajikistan you need to start with finding out the latest Tajikistani Somoni foreign-transfer exchange rate.
Then compare your bank's exchange rates to several licensed FX providers exchange rate and fees to see how much you can save (we make that calculation easy here).
Getting a better deal when sending money to Tajikistan
When sending money to Tajikistan it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 4 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Tajikistani Somoni amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted TJS amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Tajikistan.
Use our Send to TJS calculator to compare the exchange rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Tajikistani Somoni deposited into the recipient bank account and less margins and fees kept by the banks!