Foreign Exchange Guide to Turkmenistan
The domestic currency in Turkmenistan is the Turkmenistani manat with currency code TMT. Read this foreign exchange guide to Turkmenistan and the Turkmenistani manat with money transfer and travel tips plus Turkmenistani manat exchange cross rates.
In this guide we review :
- Turkmenistani manat info - general info about the Turkmenistani manat
- Turkmenistani manat in the markets - recent TMT moves and predictions from the FX markets
- Travelling in Turkmenistan - currency & money saving tips
- Buying Turkmenistani manat cash online - travel money for Turkmenistan
- Sending money to Turkmenistan - save on Turkmenistani manat bank transfers to Turkmenistan
- Turkmenistani manat exchange rates - latest & historic exchange rates.
Turkmenistani manat (TMT) general currency information
What is the Turkmenistani manat currency code and symbol?
The three letter currency code for the Turkmenistani manat is TMT and the symbol is m.
Which countries use the Turkmenistani manat?
It is the domestic currency in Turkmenistan.
Turkmenistani manat (TMT) in the markets
The interactive chart below shows the TMT to USD exchange rate for the previous 3 months with rate alerts for days when the exchange rate moved up or down significantly or for 30 day highs and lows.
Turkmenistan Trip Checklist
- Compare TMT travel cash rates - probably why you are here!
- Search Hotel deals - Save on your accomodation in Turkmenistan
- Lonely Planet - world's best travel guide (coupon and deals)
Travel money for Turkmenistan
Save money and time by Ordering your Turkmenistani manat online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the TMT cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Turkmenistani manat otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Travel Money for Turkmenistan
Sending money to Turkmenistan
When searching around for information on how to get a good exchange rate when sending money to Turkmenistan you need to start with finding out the latest Turkmenistani manat foreign-transfer exchange rate.
Then compare your bank's exchange rates to several licensed FX providers exchange rate and fees to see how much you can save (we make that calculation easy here).
Getting a better deal when sending money to Turkmenistan
When sending money to Turkmenistan it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 4 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Turkmenistani manat amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted TMT amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Turkmenistan.
Use our Send to TMT calculator to compare the exchange rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Turkmenistani manat deposited into the recipient bank account and less margins and fees kept by the banks!