Foreign Exchange Guide to Uzbekistan
In this guide we review :
- Uzbekistan som info - general info about the Uzbekistan som
- Uzbekistan som in the markets - recent UZS moves and predictions from the FX markets
- Buying Uzbekistan som cash online - travel money for Uzbekistan
- Sending money to Uzbekistan - save on Uzbekistan som bank transfers to Uzbekistan
- Uzbekistan som exchange rates - latest info & charts.
Uzbekistan som (UZS) general currency information
What is the Uzbekistan som currency code and symbol?
The three letter currency code for the Uzbekistan som is UZS and the symbol is лв.
Which countries use the Uzbekistan som?
It is the domestic currency in Uzbekistan.
Uzbekistan som (UZS) in the markets
The interactive chart below shows the UZS to USD exchange rate for the previous 3 months with rate alerts for days when the exchange rate moved up or down significantly or for 30 day highs and lows.
Uzbekistan Trip Checklist
- Compare UZS travel cash rates - probably why you are here!
- Search Hotel deals - Save on your accomodation in Uzbekistan
- Lonely Planet - world's best travel guide (coupon and deals)
Travel money for Uzbekistan
Save money and time by Ordering your Uzbekistan som online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the UZS cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Uzbekistan som otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Travel Money for Uzbekistan
Sending money to Uzbekistan
When sending money to Uzbekistan it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Uzbekistan som amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted UZS amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Uzbekistan.
By comparing the rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Uzbekistan som deposited into the recipient bank account in Uzbekistan and less margins and fees kept by the banks!