This is a foreign exchange guide to Zaire, the Congolese Franc currency plus sending CDF transfers and travel tips.
In this Zaire currency guide we take a look at :
- Congolese Franc info - general info about the Congolese Franc
- Congolese Franc in the markets - recent CDF moves and predictions from the FX markets
- Travelling in Zaire - currency & money saving tips
- Buying Congolese Franc cash online - travel money for Zaire
- Sending money to Zaire - save on Congolese Franc bank transfers to Zaire
- Congolese Franc exchange rates - latest & historic exchange rates.
Congolese Franc (CDF) general currency information
What is the Congolese Franc currency code and symbol?
The three letter currency code for the Congolese Franc is CDF and the symbol is FC.
Which countries use the Congolese Franc?
It is the domestic currency in Zaire.
Congolese Franc (CDF) in the markets
The interactive chart below shows the HKD to CDF exchange rate and trend for the previous 3 months:
Travel, Currency and Money saving tips for Zaire
Travel money for Zaire
Save money and time by Ordering your Congolese Franc online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the CDF cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Congolese Franc otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Zaire Trip Checklist
Sending money to Zaire
When searching around for information on how to get a good exchange rate when sending money to Zaire you need to start with finding out the latest Congolese Franc foreign-transfer exchange rate.
Then compare your bank's exchange rates to several licensed FX providers exchange rate and fees to see how much you can save (we make that calculation easy here).
Get a better deal for foreign transfers to Zaire
When sending money to Zaire it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 4 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Congolese Franc amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted CDF amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Zaire.
Use our Send to CDF calculator to compare the exchange rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Congolese Franc deposited into the recipient bank account and less margins and fees kept by the banks!